The mobile gaming industry is getting bigger by the minute. Les people have the time it takes to engage with a full-on, narrative-heavy PC game but everyone has five minutes a day to spare while tapping at something fun.
Some people prefer arcade games while others enjoy endless runners. There are even those who enjoy banking, losing and winning real money in free online casino games. Who are we to judge their preferences? I, for once, enjoys an occasional role of dice every now and then. But this article is not about gambling but rather gaming in its pure, classic form.
What are the major hit releases for mobile devices this year?
Here are the awesome gems I know I will be tapping my fingers off with as soon as they hit the digital shelves of the play store.
- Super Mario Speed Run. This is a Super Mario game from Nintendo. Do I really need to say more? Based on available screenshots the graphics will be amazing. I sure hope that the gameplay will be as cool as they promise. The game, by the way, is already released and is a major hit on iOS devices. That’s why the studio decided to enhance their reach with the Android crowd.
- Fire Emblem Heroes. Fire Emblem has stayed in the hearts and minds of several generations of gamers now. We will have a superb mixture of both RPG and Strategy mechanics for both Android and iOS shortly. As for now all that’s left for us to do is waiting.
- Alto’s Odyssey. This game will have a remarkable, unforgettable art style. The screenshots themselves are enough for one to fall in love with this game. This is a prominent followup to Alto’s Adventure – a game many call the single best mobile game ever made. Unfortunately it’s only available for iOS and it will remain an exclusive.
- Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy. The movie was a major box office hit back in the day and the second part of it is one of the most anticipated films of 2017. Surely Marvel teams knows best and are rushing in to support the franchise with a mobile game to increase and prologue the hype f fans. Did I mention this is a Telltale project like Tales from the Borderlands? Sweet!
- Planet of Heroes. We are desperate for a new mobile MOBA because the ones we have right now are close to garbage. Most of them, at least. Perhaps the innovative mechanics and an enhanced UI/UX of Planet of Heroes will breathe in the life to this genre on mobile carriers?
Many more sleeper hits will come for sure. This year will surely prove to be awesome!