Finally, we’re out of the February slump and on to March movies! March is the start of an exciting time for film. This is usually the month when Hollywood gives out its more interesting and entertaining fare. So here’s a quick rundown of what films I’m looking forward to this month!
This past weekend, March 2nd:
- The Lorax – Watch the trailer – Hey, can’t go wrong with Dr. Seuss!
- Project X – Read our review and watch the trailer here! (P.S. We liked it!)
Friday, March 9th (aka the week with a ton of potentially great releases):
- John Carter – Watch the trailer – Everyone has been talking about this movie. They say it’s Disney’s fault for marketing it badly, I guess we’ll just have to see it for ourselves!
- Friends with Kids – Watch the trailer – For a second, I thought this was a Bridesmaids sequel! But it’s not; it just stars Maya Rudolph, Kristen Wiig and Jon Hamm! The trailer looks like it’s a cute movie. I’m interested in checking it out.
- Silent House – Watch the trailer – I refuse to see this movie. It’s too scary! But I added it to the list because if there is one that I truly know, it is that young folks like scary movies.
- Salmon Fishing in the Yemen – Watch the trailer – I’m seeing this one next week, but I keep hearing great things about it! Watch out for our review soon!
- Footnote – Watch the trailer – It was nominated for an Oscar and the trailer makes it look like a fairly interesting film. Me gusta!
- A Thousand Words – Watch the trailer – I love Eddie Murphy, and he’s pretty much the only reason why I would check this one out.
Friday, March 16th:
- 21 Jump Street – Watch the trailer – Lucy and I already saw this, and it’s hilarious! Look out for our review soon.
- Casa De Mi Padre – Watch the trailer – I’m skeptical about this one. It could go either way. I’m seeing it fairly soon, so I’ll let you guys know about it before its release.
- Detachment – Watch the trailer – I really like Adrien Brody, and Detachment looks like a great film.
Friday, March 23rd (aka the weekend where only ONE movie matters):
- THE HUNGER GAMES – Watch the trailer – Do I really need to elaborate on the sheer greatness of this film. Yes, I haven’t even seen it yet, but I’m convinced that it’s impossible for it to be bad. Use the search bar up above to see all our coverage on The Hunger Games film.
Friday, March 30th:
- Mirror, Mirror – Watch the trailer – The first Snow White movie to come out this year! It looks like campy fun! What’s not to love?
- Wrath of the Titans – Watch the trailer – Sam Worthington said earlier this year that this movie is way better than the previous. I guess we’ll see if he’s right.
- Bully – Watch the trailer – This is the documentary that the MPAA ridiculously gave an R rating to. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this, and I hope that the MPAA gets a grip and gives it the PG-13 rating it should have.
- Being Flynn – Watch the trailer – I wish I could just say “Robert De Niro, enough said.” But he is now the guy who signed up to do movies like Meet the Fockers and New Year’s Eve. So now I’ll just say: Robert De Niro, in what looks like a great movie, enough said. (Oh and hey Paul Dano!)
Alright, so does are just some of the highlights in March’s upcoming releases! Which film(s) are you most excited for?