I’ve always been a lover of fictional novels. Not only do they transport you into another life, world or dimension but they always seem to leave a lasting impression. I could spend hours pondering life with Centre of Everything’s Evelyn Bucknow, I could easily relate to Get Well Soon’s Anna Bloom who lives life surrounded by psychos and empathize with E.R. Frank’s America who has to deal with the hardships of being a teenage orphan in the American Social Services system. For this reason, I decided to create a top 10 list about the most memorable sentences found in fictional novels. I hope they inspire you as much as they did me.
1. “Good relationships nurture you. They help you find yourself and who you are. I don’t mean just relationships with boys or men. Relationships with your family, with your teachers, your friends, even people at your job. They shape you.” – A Different Me by Deborah Blumenthal
2. “By his example, I could revel in the fact that we are all very different and that my own difference was a good thing. Who cared if I didn’t fit in? What was I trying to fit into anyway?” – If Only I Could Sleep by Stephanie Henry
3. “You can never know about your own destiny: are the people you meet there to play a part on your own destiny, or do you exist just to play a role in theirs?” – Going Bovine by Libba Bray
4. “I watch him walk through the apartment, head high, shoulders back. Even his limp seems purposeful. He is so sure of everything in his life. No doubts, no fears. I’ve always wanted to be just like Theron. So certain. So strong. And watching him, here in front of me, after all these months, I realize I am like him.” – Remake by Ilima Todd
5. “I tried to act excited. When she opened the door slowly, I felt my eyes bug…in a bad way. It looked like Barney ate too much eggplant and then threw up in my room.” – Wide Awake by Shelly Crane
6. “That’s what the voices in your head are for, to get you through the silent parts.” – Will Grayson, Will Grayson by David Levithan and John Green
7. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” ― The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
8. “Full nudity was a statement; half nudity was a nightmare.” – Forgive Me If I’ve Told You This Before by Karelia Stetz-Waters
9. “Sometimes the best way to find out what you’re supposed to do is by doing the thing you’re not supposed to do.” – Just One Day by Gayle Forman
10. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
There are so much more quotes from fictional novels that have inspired people from all parts of the world. What are your favourites?