So many books came out this year, it was impossible to read ALL of them. However, we did read quite a few; and here are the 10 best books we’ve read this year:
10. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – Stephenie Meyer comes back with the story of one of the least important characters of the series. But, HEY some of the sales went to donations. YAY
9. Last Sacrifice – The final book in the Vampire Academy series. Who framed Rose? Will her and Dimitri ever get back together? Will Lissa like explode with power? Finally, our questions are answered!
8. I Am Number Four – Aliens apparently live among us! And what also made this interesting was that the book was released after the movie was filmed.
7. Clockwork Angel – Cassandra Clare brings readers back to the world of shadowhunters, warlocks, vampires, etc. But only this time we have new characters, a new city, and a totally different time period.
6. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares – Every time authors Rachel Cohn and David Levithan team up, they make magic. It’s not the typical teenage romance, but it surely is an interesting one. And the witty dialogue will have you laughing throughout. This book is genuinely one of the most satisfying reads this year.
5. Decoded – Jay-Z decodes his lyrics and tells us his interpretations of them. A definite must-have for a hip-hop fan.
4. Me – Ricky Martin’s autobiography is worth reading. We get a glimpse behind the Menudo kid who is now one of today’s most successful stars. His thoughts about family and love are things every person can identify with.
3. Gunn’s Golden Rules: Life’s Little Lessons for Making It Work – Tim Gunn is a big name in the fashion industry. Having to work and deal with all kinds of people, he gives really great advice on how to handle certain situations. We also get to see the kind of person Gunn is, and you can’t help by love the guy by the end of it.
2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest – Stieg Larsson’s final book in the Millennium trilogy is just as badass as its heroine, Lisbeth Salander. It was impossible to put this book down. I kept reading until 3 AM because I HAD to know what was going to happen next. If you haven’t started reading these books yet, what are you waiting for?! Get started or I’ll send Lisbeth after you!
1. Mockingjay – The wait was over. We finally had the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy in our hands. We cried, we screamed, we laughed, and we smiled. Without a doubt, this was the most gripping book of the year. What an amazing way to finish the series Suzanne Collins!
You can purchase any of these books at our TYF store. Click here!
What books couldn’t you put down? Leave a comment with your favorite books this year!