We narrowed down the best and funniest pop culture moments that happened this year. Taking a look back, we can’t believe the kind of stuff that actually had us captivated. lol
10. Demi Lovato/Joe Jonas/Ashley Greene drama – This supposed love triangle has been burning up Twitter the past few months. Whatever their reasons are… fans were pretty feisty about their sides of the story. We don’t know the truth. However, what we do know is being mean to someone you don’t know is incredibly rude and unfair. So young folks, let’s start the New Year with a clean slate, and let these three handle their drama on their own.
9. Whip My Hair – Whether you’re 10, 50 or a bird, you sang this song and whipped your hair to it. Willow Smith became an overnight sensation with this song and its video. And did we mention she’s only 10?
8. Britney’s guest appearance on Glee – The “Britney/Brittany” episode was the highest rated Glee episode ever. We can’t blame people for tuning in, it’s Britney bxtch!
7. World Cup and the vuvuzelas – Vuvuzelas annoyed us to no end. Landon Donovan’s goal still gives us the goosebumps, but nothing will ever compare than to see Spain holding the cup for the first time ever!
6. Jersey Shore’s “anonymous” letter – It was probably the biggest drama on MTV. Snooki & JWow write an anonymous letter to their friend Sammie to inform her of boyfriend Ronnie’s indiscretions. Not going to lie, we had our eyes glued to the TV waiting to see all the drama unfold.
5. American Idol judges drama – After weeks of rumors and waiting, the new judges of American Idol were announced. J.Lo and Steven Tyler are great, but nothing compares to Simon & Paula.
4. LeBron James’ Decision 1 Hour Special – An entire 1 hour special was dedicated to him announcing which team he was going to play for. It was borderline ridiculous and overhyped. But HEY he’s in the Heat at least! (Obviously, Lucy wrote that. He should’ve picked the Chicago Bulls. Just sayin’ lol. -Gaby)
3. Kanye West gets a Twitter – Let the random tweets and Twitter rants begin!
2. Lady GaGa’s meat dress – We still wonder if it was actual meat…
1. Bed Intruder – It was a viral video that went straight to Billboard hot 100. Everyone was singing it. Definitely the biggest pop culture moment of 2010.
What pop culture moment surprised you the most this year? Leave a comment with one of 2010’s most outrageous moments.