[tps_title]Gabrielle Bondi’s Top 10 Pop Culture Moments of 2013[/tps_title]
1. Miley Cyrus – She wanted to break out and make a new statement, and I’ve gotta say she was quite successful in doing so. Her new outrageous, “scandalous” persona stole the headlines for a good portion of the year. If you thought of Miley as Hannah Montana… after this year, you’re probably saying “Hannah Who?”
2. The Selfie – Thanks to camera phones, this has been a thing for a while. But “The Selfie” didn’t really become an everyday, almost routine kind of thing until this year. If you weren’t talking about Miley Cyrus, you were probably updating your Instagram with a new picture of yourself.
3. Prince George – The new heir is here! Despite how relevant you think the Royal Family still is, you can’t deny the media circus surrounding the birth and naming of Prince George, son of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
4. North West – Another baby made a ton of news. Kim Kardashian and Kanye West graced the world with offspring. I have to say I’m already pretty jealous of the adorable and unfortunately named North West. Have you seen all the sweet designer gifts she gets on Kim K’s Instagram??
5. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke came back a ’crooning along with pals Pharrell Williams and T.I. with the hit song “Blurred Lines.” Controversy surrounded the song’s lyrics, music video and unforgettable MTV VMA’s performance with Miley Cyrus. If you were to ask me, this is THE song of 2013.
6. *NSYNC Reunion – It’s about time! Even though it lasted for only seconds, seeing one of my favorite boy bands reuniting and performing together was an awesome moment.
7. What Does The Fox Say? – This is one of those songs I hate but always get stuck on my head. An unexpected viral hit had to make the list, and this is undoubtedly that.
8. Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen’s Friendship – Just take a look at actor’s Patrick Stewart’s Twitter and see all the amazing photos he takes with his bestie and fellow actor Ian McKellen. I hope my friendships are as wonderful and last as theirs.
9. JLaw Obsession – Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is obsessed with loving Jennifer Lawrence. Not that I disagree about her awesomeness, but I never saw the internet so united and agreeable over one person, a movie star especially. Congrats, Jennifer Lawrence on conquering the impossible.
10. Breaking Bad Finale – I don’t even watch Breaking Bad, but I can’t deny the effect this show has had on everyone who watched it. Its finale was a monumental moment for TV viewers everywhere, and it was amazing to see people come together in excitement for good entertainment.