The Shadowhunters cast and producers came onstage to big applause from the audience. Most of the panel ended up being fan questions and the cast chatted about their characters, whether or not they share similar characteristics to their real selves, and what advice they’d give them knowing how far they’ve come in two seasons.
Matthew Daddario, in particular, was very giving and loving with fans. He handed one fan, who had been run over at the last Shadowhunters panel and received nine stitches, his hat for her to keep. One fan spoke about how Clary inspired her to be strong and persevere and Katherine McNamara was very touched by this.
Based on the information gathered during the panel, here is what fans can expect from season three of Shadowhunters:
- Freeform has ordered an additional ten episodes of the show to air over the summer of 2018, bringing the full episode count to twenty. Shadowhunters will premiere on April 3, 2018.
- There will be consequences for bringing Jace back from the dead. It won’t take too long before the Shadow world will find out about his resurrection.
- Izzy is the new weapons master at the Institute and will be taking care of the mundanes.
- Season three will explore Alec and Magnus’ relationship. Magnus will be stressed and the show’s producers spoke about how they will deal with certain issues, like the fact that Magnus can live forever and what this means for the couple down the road.
- Hamilton’s Javier Muñoz is joining the third season and he’ll be playing one of Magnus’ warlock rivals.
- Lilith, who will be played by Anna Hopkins, will be prevalent in the show’s third season. She’s the big bad of the season and is specifically out for revenge on Jace for killing her son.
- Clary and Maia will work together at some point within the first handful of episodes.
- Jace and Clary’s relationship won’t be smooth sailing. They have a lot to deal with after the season two finale and Katherine McNamara is still calling their romance a “slow burn.”
- More of Luke’s backstory will be revealed in season three; he teased “cool stuff” even though he wouldn’t give away anything else.
Shadowhunters returns for season 3 on April 3, 2018 on Freeform.