5 Reasons “The Carrie Diaries” Should Not Be Cancelled
Carrie Bradshaw is a timeless icon to any girl of any decade. Sex and the City has been gone for quite a few years and yet the show hasn’t died out. With the current reruns a whole new audience, that was far too young to watch before, has now been introduced to the greatness of this show.
So, when The CW took the risk to create a prequel show to Sex and The City, showcasing Carrie Bradshaw growing up and figuring life out, I thought that was an admirable move.
After Season 1, so many people have become fans of the Carrie Diaries even if they never saw a single episode of Sex and The City. Even though the hit show inspired this prequel, they are two different worlds, each worthy of their own love and admiration.
As Carrie Diaries fans anxiously await to hear if the show has been cancelled or renewed, here are 5 reasons why it should not be cancelled.
1. The characters and casting for this show was perfectly executed. Each character has grown throughout the season and has had their chance to show their depth when faced with challenges. Even obnoxious Donna has grown on us!
2. Anna Sophia Robb. There was absolutely no one who could have played the younger version of Carrie Bradshaw so flawlessly. She has narrowed down the mannerisms and the ranting we love to a tee. We also get to see the things that young Carrie goes through that can explain why older Carrie is the way she is. Anna Sophia Robb is no longer the girl from “Bridge to Terabithia.” Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw is some pretty big shoes to fill, and Anna Sophia Robb has surpassed all expectations.
3. The Carrie Diaries has given us perhaps one of the potentially most beautiful (emotionally & physically) TV couples. Carrie and Sebastian. Just look at those two, there’s no need to say anything else. Except, that we need to know what happens with them after Sebastian had to leave to California again! We can’t be left hanging!
P.S: Choosing between Sebastian Kidd or Austin Butler as a boyfriend is the hardest decision of life. Look at Austin Butler being such a cutie to Vanessa Hudgens. *swoon*
4. The Carrie Diaries has covered a lot of important life lessons. Carrie has been such an example of the ultimate friend. She offers no judgments to Walt after he comes out and yet is willing to extend forgiveness to her best friend, Maggie, after she kisses the boy Carrie is in love with. Not many could do that. The Carrie Diaries, even though it takes place in the 80’s, is very relatable. So many of us have felt like Carrie and her friends, totally clueless on what to do after high school and on how to deal with your relationships. She had to choose between the traditional going to college or taking the risk and accepting her dream job. That’s tough.
5. This show can’t be cancelled yet because we NEED to see the younger versions of Miranda and Charlotte! We had already been introduced to younger Samantha, and she was just as fabulous! We always have wondered about the back story on how all the girls met and became inseparable. Executive producer Amy B. Harris had told E! Online that Charlotte and Miranda would be introduced later on in the series. Fans had already begun having fun thinking of which young actresses could be cast in these famous roles. Victoria Justice was one of the names to play the role of Charlotte made famous by Kristin Davis.
So, for these 5 reasons and more…Please give us a season 3 of The Carrie Diaries!
What do you think? Should The Carrie Diaries be renewed?
What were your favorite things about the show?