He’s back—again. Nick Viall makes his FOURTH Bachelor appearance. Twice the runner-up, once he left the girl hanging. Hopefully, this is the final chance he gets at love. Either way, love him or hate him Nick is The Bachelor. For those unfamiliar with him, Nick has been a walking prickly (pun intended) thorn to most of the contestants he’s been on the show with. Fans despised him. So how did this guy become The Bachelor? His recent run on Bachelor in Paradise shed a bright light on the softer and nicer side of him, and now he’s the man that 30 women are vying for. So who are these women? Here is a breakdown:
- Alexis (Aspiring Dolphin Trainer) – Well, that girl made an impression dressed in a dolphin-shark costume (contrary to her belief, it was a shark).
- Angela (Model) – The woman that will make others feel insecure due to her knockout model looks.
- Astrid (Plastic Surgery Office Manager) – Straight up German with an accent and all.
- Briana (Surgical Unit Nurse) – She’s cool and cute.
- Brittany (Travel Nurse) – She didn’t make much of an impression.
- Christen (Wedding Videographer) – She was like a bumblebee in her yellow outfit.
- Corinne (Business Owner) – This girl made quite the impression by stealing the first kiss from Nick and admitting to having a “nanny.”
- Danielle M. (Neonatal Nurse) – She’s Whitney Bischoff 2.0 by the way she acts, talks, looks and has a similar occupation.
- Danielle L. (Small Business Owner) – A cute girl who did get Nick’s attention.
- Dominique (Restaurant Server) – Guess she takes your order, but has yet to serve Nick.
- Elizabeth (Marketing Manager) – Oh yeah, don’t remember her, and I’m sure Nick doesn’t either.
- Ida Marie (Sales Manager) – She didn’t sell much on herself, besides a unique name.
- Lauren (Law School Graduate) – At least she finished school, so there’s that as far as memorable.
- Liz (Doula) – Speaking of memorable, Nick certainly remembers her for the sexcapade they had nine months prior to filming the show.
- Hailey (Wedding Photographer) – If Nick decides to get married after this season, he certainly won’t have a problem getting a wedding videographer/photographer.
- Jaimi (Chef) – She came with balls, but the balls that were attached to her nose ring.
- Jasmine B. (Flight Attendant) – She flew in, but flew out quicker than you could notice.
- Jasmine G. (Pro Basketball Dancer) – Only thing I remembered about her was her crying and Nick rejecting her attempt to talk to him.
- Josephine (Unemployed Nurse) – There is the unemployed contestant of the season who also happens to be kinda crazy.
- Kristina (Dental Hygienist) – She’s a brunette with a mysteriously odd accent.
- Lacey (Digital Marketing Manager) – A happy looking blonde, that’s all.
- Michelle (Food Truck Owner) – She has a food truck? Cool. What does she sell? I’m more curious about her food truck than her appearance on the show.
- Olivia (Apparel Sales Rep) – Should stick to selling apparel, because selling herself doesn’t appear to be her strong suit.
- Rachel (Attorney) – Definitely made a great first impression on Nick.
- Raven (Fashion Boutique Owner) – She’s from Arkansas and doesn’t fit any stereotype besides that she’s got a thick southern accent.
- Sarah (Grade School Teacher) – She ran up (literally) to him in a pink outfit, a nice corny introduction out of the limo.
- Susannah (Account Manager) – I’ll blame all that account managing as a distraction for this hottie to make an impact in the mansion.
- Taylor (Mental Health Counselor) – She’s an educated biracial woman that may be too normal for this show.
- Vanessa (Special Education Teacher) – 100% Italian, but speaks and teaches French, so go figure.
- Whitney (Pilates Instructor) – Good looking and I’m assuming athletic? Considering I don’t know or remember much else about her.
Thirty women for Nick to pick from. The first one that caught his attention was Rachel. She’s a attorney from Texas with a Wisconsin connection. She tells Nick that she attended Marquette, ding, ding, we have a winner. Few surface level conversations with other women leads Nick to give Rachel the ”first impression rose.”
The season premiere always has a long rose ceremony. He does have to send some women packing, since he can’t hand out 30 roses. The unlucky women on this night were:
- Ida Marie
- Jasmine B.
That was one surprising list of eliminated women. How does he send home Angela the model? She might have been the best looking woman of them all! Ida Marie had a way too cool of a name to send her home on the first night. Briana, the surgical nurse, should have gotten a chance. Susannah also got a raw deal.
My impression of the premiere was that it was fairly up to Bachelor standards. Nothing was spectacular about it, but it was not boring either. Coming into this season, my expectation along with Bachelor Nation’s was that Nick would be pretty controversial, and this season was going to be crazy dramatic. The season preview doesn’t really disclose anything overly dramatic, actually it seemed a bit tame. Corinne is the villain, Liz could be one also. Nick will be crying at some point.
Onto the prediction for the final four hometown dates and the winner. Final four women:
- Danielle M.
The final two should come down to Vanessa and Danielle M. Vanessa is the total package, she’s sexy, speaks multiple languages and she’s a special education teacher. All great qualities that could contribute to being Nick’s woman at the end, but I don’t believe they will be enough for Nick to get down on one knee. Danielle M. has this eerily similar vibe to Whitney Bischoff (winner of Chris Soules season). Just like Whitney, Danielle is a sweet, somewhat shy, bubbly blonde with shoulder length wavy curls, who happens to work in the medical field (neonatal nurse). Oh, and she’s from Wisconsin originally. All those factors plus Nick’s positive reaction to her bodes very well for Danielle being the woman Nick proposes to at the end. Not only is she my selection, but my personal favorite.
I have no doubt there will be a lot of drama no matter what, it’s just how the show operates. Nick was a bold and intriguing choice for The Bachelor, so hopefully it pays off. The madness has officially begun again.