You’ve read the Comedy Tent review and you read the review of the music at ID10T Fest, but how did the entire festival do? Let’s see.
From the moment you’re driving into the festival and the moment you’re walking into the amphitheatre, I know at least for myself I started to question where everyone happened to be. It wasn’t packed but you have to remember, this was its very first year even if big names were attached. (e.g. Silicon Valley Comic Con – Year One didn’t necessarily bring out all the stops) As soon as you enter the designated area with all the activities, the area was so spread out that it kind of made sense why it seemed like it was a bust when it most definitely wasn’t.
The extended area was full of activities from food trucks to an Artist Alley to the Power Rangers Laser Tag course and more. It’s as if you didn’t know where to start. You can feel the vibe of everyone jump out at you: excited and entertained. As we spoke to a few of the vendors, a few trekked their way here to snag a spot in the tent. I was biased and more impressed with the local individuals who were able to showcase their work! Yay for local recognition!
Here’s our pros and cons list of the weekend:
- Amazing turnout for the first year
- Activities for anyone and everyone whether you were there just for the EDM, just for the comedy tent, etc.
- suggested feedback was taken into serious consideration which evidently changed the course of day 2
- Some tents were too close to one another (e.g. Comedy tent and Mad Decent) which made it difficult for people to enjoy
- Times were very close to one another which happens in conventions but wasn’t ideal if you wanted to see the comedy tent and someone on the main stage. More than likely the comedy tent was 3 hours out of your day spent there
We have no doubt that this festival will only go up from here. We’re excited to see its growth! Cheers, Hardwick!
ICYMI – Check out our other reviews: