2016 has been a great year for music. It has gifted us with plenty of songs to dance to, or simply listen to on repeat. It was also a hard year to narrow down the song selection to only 10 singles.
Beyond the pop tunes and artists that are guilty-pleasures for me (like Ariana Grande and Fifth Harmony), I was impressed by The Weeknd’s “Starboy” and The Naked and Famous’ “Higher”. Both top the list with a cool vibe and a techno beat in their tracks that gets me every time. I’ve lost count at the number of times I’ve listened to both, similar to “Cheap Thrills” and “Rockabye”. And if you haven’t jumped on board with Tove Lo or Paper Lions yet, you should check them out.
- The Weeknd (feat. Daft Punk) – “Starboy”
- The Naked and Famous – “Higher”
- Sia -“Cheap Thrills”
- Clean Bandit (feat. Sean Paul and Anne-Marie) – “Rockabye”
- Tove Lo – “True Disaster”
- Paper Lions – “Believer”
- Ariana Grande – “Dangerous Woman”
- Drake (feat. Wizkid & Kyla) “One Dance”
- Fifth Harmony (feat. Ty Dolla Sign) “Work From Home”
- Twenty One Pilots – “Heathens”
What were your favorite albums or songs of 2016? Let us know in the comments!