Welcome to the blog tour for Trouble Never Sleeps, the final book in the Trouble Is A Friend of Mine trilogy. This is one of my favorite series of all time, so today I’m sharing ten reasons to read all three books:
- Binge-readable quality: I’m not sure “binge-readable” is a real word but, if not, it is now. These books were initially described to me as Sherlock meets Veronica Mars meets Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and that really sums up the feeling of these books. They’re quick reads full of personality and you won’t be able to put them down.
- The characters: Stephanie Tromly has created a cast of unique and memorable individuals. Trust me – you can’t help but fall in love with them in a heartbeat.
- Digby: Digby deserves his own reason. He’s sneaky and brilliant and funny and manages to get himself, Zoe, and their friends into a ton of tricky situations. It’s hard not to root for him even as he gets into trouble on top of trouble.
- Unpredictable Situations: I’m not kidding – Digby gets these guys into a ton of trouble. The crazy situations that these characters end up in are amusing and will keep you on your toes.
- The humor: The TROUBLE books are fun, witty character-driven mysteries that will keep you invested and make you laugh out loud. Must I say more?
- Zoe and Digby’s relationship: These books aren’t really about the romance, but the relationship between these two will keep you invested. There’s a lot of will they? won’t they? involved and they don’t have the most traditional friendship or romantic relationship. It’s strange and weirdly entertaining to witness.
- Pop culture references: There are a ton of pop culture references, especially in TROUBLE NEVER SLEEPS, which provides an extra element of fun and relatability. Zoe and Digby live in the same world we do!
- Endless mysteries: This series is very well plotted. Each element of the mystery is suspenseful and had my heart pounding in anticipation. You won’t be able to turn pages fast enough.
- Sloane: The series “mean girl” (though she’s more than she appears) is smart and sassy and ends up being an unexpected ally to Zoe. I would read a book about Sloane for sure.
- Fast-paced fun: Seriously, I can’t say it enough. These books don’t drag a bit; they barely give you time to think! But that’s a compliment – there is so much going on that you’ll never have a chance to be bored. The TROUBLE books are the kind of books where you sit down to read and suddenly five hours have passed and you’ve finished the book. 100% worth it.
About the Book:
Happily Ever After gets a serious makeover in this swoony, non-stop, thrill-ride of a conclusion to the Trouble Is a Friend of Mine trilogy
Digby and Zoe have been skirting around each other for so long that you might think they’d lose their magic if they ever actually hooked up. But never fear–there’s all the acerbic wit, steamy chemistry, and sarcastic banter you could possibly hope for.
Now that Digby’s back in town he’s plunged Zoe (and their Scooby Gang of wealthy frenemy Sloane, nerd-tastic genius Felix, and aw-shucks-handsome Henry) back into the deep end on the hunt for his kidnapped sister. He’s got a lead, but it involves breaking into a secret government research facility, paying a drug dealer off with a Bentley, and possibly committing treason. The schemes might be over-the-top but this Breakfast Club cast is irresistibly real as they cope with regular high school stuff from social media shaming to dating your best friend, all with a twist no one will see coming.
About the Author:
Stephanie Tromly was born in Manila, grew up in Hong Kong, graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, and worked as a screenwriter in Los Angeles. She is currently on leave from her PhD program in English literature at the University of Toronto and lives in Winnipeg with her husband and young son. Stephanie is the author of the Trouble Is a Friend of Mine trilogy.
Blog tour schedule:
April 19 – Midnight Biblio Blog – Review