With 5 Seconds of Summer‘s first full length debut album just a mere 3 weeks away (official release date July 22nd, 2014), we thought we’d count down the top 5 reasons we love them, even though they are jailbait. No not really they’re all over 18 but uh, yeah, still sort of young for our tweenaged hearts.
1. They are a bunch of adorable dudes from Australia.
Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, and Ashton Irwin make up this pop punk dreamboat of a band. Keeping up with the One Direction/Ed Sheeran/Sam Smith epidemic, these lads reign from Sydney, Australia.
2. Michael Clifford’s favorite pick up line, “Nice shoes, let’s f**k”
I mean, if he wasn’t all of 19 years old, this would be hilarious. But are they even really old enough TO BANG? Like any true 19 year old he is totally only into banging and has even stated he’d never date himself if he were a girl, only have a one night stand. Um..interesting?
I feel like my mother right now. Recoiling in horror that my teenage son indeed, has a sex life. But uh, other than that what a cheeky little bastard?
3. They dressed up as The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Okay whatever maybe this isn’t really a reason to love them but, seriously, *the feels*.
4. The time that Ashton Irwin and Harry Styles danced together.
5. Because “She Looks So Perfect” is actually a really catchy song.
Just go with it. Just relent to the pop gods and love this song, okay? The sooner you do it, the sooner it will all be over.