Welcome to episode 11 of Directors of Cinema. This week, Matt is joined by the Tosche Station crew of Jordan D. and Alexander S. You may recall that Matt appeared on an episode of Tosche Station discussing George Lucas. The boys decided to return the favor by appearing on this show to discuss J.J. Abrams. Once again, it’s a merge of directorial discussion mixed with the Star Wars universe. Here are some of the talking points discussed during the episode:
- Does Star Wars: The Force Awakens feel more like an Abrams film than a Star Wars film?
- Is Star Trek Into Darkness really the worst film in the series?
- Does Star Trek get by on its cast alone?
- Where does Mission Impossible 3 rank amongst the franchise?
- How much of a Spielberg influence is really present in Super 8?
- Would we like to see Abrams continue directing franchises or should he create one of his own?
As always, you can listen to the show over at The Young Folks or right here on Shoutengine! Also, please like our Facebook page.