The Young Folks are going back to San Diego Comic-Con this week! We’re super excited. We had a blast last year. You can check out all of our coverage of last year’s events here.
There’s so much to do at Comic-Con; we can hardly wrap our heads around it all. We’d love to report on everything that SDCC has to offer but there’s only two of us going. Yet, that’s not going to deter us from reporting and delivering you guys as much SDCC-greatness as we can. In order to catch all of our live coverage:
- Follow us on Twitter: @TYFofficial || We’ll be live-tweeting all through-out and during the convention.
- Follow us on Instagram: TYFofficial || We’ll be posting pictures of EVERYTHING. Celebs, cool costumes, show floor, art, etc.
- Like The Young Folks on Facebook! || We’ll keep you updated on the latest SDCC happenings with status, links, video & pictures.
- Follow The Young Folks on Tumblr! || We’ll keep you updated on the latest SDCC happenings with posts, pictures and video.
- Subscribe to our YouTube page: TYFofficial || We’ll be uploading video from all the panels and any other SDCC events we attend.
Here’s a look of all of the programming and exhibitors that will be happening at SDCC this week:
[issuu width=420 height=271 embedBackground=%23000000 backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=120704223527-6616822ac3474b129905363d86cba6ea name=cci12prog_grid username=comic-con tag=cci unit=px v=2]
[issuu width=420 height=74 embedBackground=%23000000 backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=120628182008-bdb667e8c1e945daacf5c3ea688683c7 name=cci12exhib_mapsrev username=comic-con tag=2012 unit=px v=2]
Quite a lot, huh? We had to make some tough decisions about what to see and what to skip. But that’s life. We decided to make a Top 10 of what we are most excited to see and do at SDCC. Obviously, these 10 things are *not* the only ones we’re excited for, but they’re definitely the ones that are absolutely dying to see.
10. What’s Hot in Young Adult Fiction – With how popular YA fiction has become, publishers know that showing off their latest young adult books at Comic-Con is a great way to get some buzz going. We’re excited for this particular panel because it has several authors that we really love, including James Dashner (The Maze Runner trilogy), Myra McEntire (Hourglass trilogy), Tarereh Mafi (Shatter Me series) and more!
9. The Show Floor – Its one of the most spectacular things about Comic-Con. When I first went to the floor last year, I was completely overwhelmed. There’s so much to see. And there’s SO MANY PEOPLE. However, because we’re too busy looking at all the cool stuff around us, we don’t mind all the crowding too much.
8. Screenings and parties! – We love screening movies and the after-parties are sure to be a blast. There’s several screenings and parties happening every night during the Con. We’re hoping to go to as many as possible.
7. The Walking Dead – We’re so happy that some TV shows are having panels in Hall H. Luckily, one of our favorites, The Walking Dead, will have theirs on Friday afternoon in Hall H. We missed The Walking Dead last year, so we’re totally pumped to finally get to see and hopefully ask a couple questions to TWD cast. Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Norman Reedus, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, and introducing Danai Gurira as Michonne and David Morrissey as The Governor join executive producer and showrunner Glen Mazzara, executive producer Robert Kirkman, executive producer Gale Anne Hurd, executive producer Dave Alpert and special effects makeup supervisor and co-executive producer Greg Nicotero in a panel moderated by Chris Hardwick (The Talking Dead host).
6. Sony Pictures Movie Panel: Total Recall, Looper, Elysium – Of the three, we’re most excited about Looper and Elysium. Total Recall also had a panel at last year’s Comic-Con. Yet, we’re still looking forward to seeing Colin Farrell, Jessica Biel, Kate Beckingsale, Bryan Cranston and director Len Wiseman come to Hall H to talk about the film. We’ve been excited for Looper since we’ve first heard about it. Director Rian Johnson and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt will be in attendance for Looper. Finally, Neill Blomkamp’s highly anticipated new film, Elysium, will debut with the director and actors Matt Damon and Jodie Foster.
5. Game of Thrones – We were completely bummed out last year when we weren’t able to get into the Game of Thrones panel. Fortunately, it’s one of TV shows that will be in Hall H! We can’t to see Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark), Kit Harington (Jon Snow), Rose Leslie (Ygritte), and Richard Madden (Robb Stark). George R. R. Martin, who also serves as a co-executive producer and writer on the series, moderates with executive producer Carolyn Strauss.
4. Warner Bros. Movie Panel: The Hobbit, Man of Steel, Pacific Rim – These are all movies we’re dying to see! Peter Jackson is back with The Hobbit. He’ll join producer and co-screenwriter Philippa Boyens, actor Andy Serkis along with featured actors Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen and Richard Armitage. As for Man of Steel, we’ve seen and heard very little about the upcoming Superman movie. It hasn’t been confirmed on who will represent the movie at the panel. My best guesses is that at least Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill will be there to talk about the film. We went to the Pacific Rim panel last year, and director Guillermo del Toro didn’t reveal too much about it. We’re hoping for at least a trailer or some footage at this panel. If not that, just Idris Elba being there is more than enough for us.
3. Django Unchained – WE WILL BE IN THE SAME ROOM AS QUENTIN TARANTINO. NEED WE SAY MORE? Okay… we’ll say a little more. Django Unchained is one of our most highly anticipated films this year. The cast is perfect, and being in Tarantino’s presence while he talks about the film is like a dream. It hasn’t been confirmed on who else will be joining Tarantion for the panel in Hall H. We’re keeping our fingers crossed for Jamie Foxx, Leo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz.
2. Iron Man 3 – DO WE REALLY NEED TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TOO? After The Avengers, we’re dying to see this movie. Even though Iron Man 2 wasn’t that great, we have a feeling that Iron Man 3 will make up for that. So far only producer Kevin Feige has been confirmed to attend. But they did say that special guests will join him. No doubt we’ll be seeing Iron Man himself, Robert Downey Jr. But we’re secretly hoping Mark Ruffalo shows up, confirming that the Hulk will be playing a part in the new movie. Please let this be true, Comic gods!
1. The Dark Knight Rises – With the final installment of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy just days away, we’re seriously hoping it has a major presence at Comic Con. We don’t care in what form that presence takes: a screening, party, suprise panel. We just want some TDKR at Comic Con, and if it does happen (and we’re pretty positive it will), nothing (and we mean nothing) will stop us from doing and seeing anything that has to do with The Dark Knight Rises.
Honorable mentions: These mostly go out to the panels we’d love to go if we somehow miraculously are able to get into that panel’s room: True Blood, Once Upon A Time, Beauty and the Beast, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Breaking Dawn Part 2, Elementary. In addition, we’ll try to get some video game coverage out to you guys, especially for Assassin’s Creed III!
Whether or not you’re going to Comic-Con, what are you most excited to hear about from SDCC? Let us know in the comments!