[tps_title]Luciana Villalba’s Top 10 Movies of 2014:[/tps_title]
- Interstellar – By far, my favorite movie this year. There hasn’t been a movie yet that impacted me so much as this one. I remember I left the theater thinking about fourth dimensions, space travel, wormholes, etc. I loved the approach Nolan took with it and made it more spiritual and human than any other space movie I’ve seen.
- Gone Girl – My man, Fincher. Look at all the yellow! One of the most thrilling movies I’ve seen this year, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Plus, I had never seen Rosamund Pike before, and after this movie, I am a fan.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – I did not expect this movie to make me laugh as much as it did. It was absolutely hilarious and the story was great, too. My love for Chris Pratt was strengthened after seeing this (love you boo).
- Snowpiercer – When I heard people say that this movie was good I didn’t believe them. I had to wait until I checked it out on Netflix to realize that this was an action movie but had a great story and acting. Recommend it to everyone.
- Still Alice – Having a family member with Alzheimer’s Disease is already painful; imagine seeing someone else portraying that on the screen. Needless to say, it’s a beautiful and powerful story, with a great performance by Julianne Moore. Calling it now that she takes Best Actress at the Oscars.
- The LEGO Movie – How to describe this movie in three words? Everything is awesome!
- The Maze Runner – Probably one of the best YA movie adaptations in a while. As a huge fan of this book series, I was very happy with the cast and the movie. Can’t wait for Scorch Trials!
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 – Nothing really happened, but got me real excited about Part 2.
- Divergent – I gave in and finally watched it. I was pleasantly surprised. Not amazingly ohmygodbestmovieever, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Probably my favorite Marvel movie film that wasn’t The Avengers, right before Guardians came around.