[tps_title]Gabrielle Bondi’s Top 10 Pop Culture Moments of 2014[/tps_title]
- Butts – Let’s not pretend that 2014 wasn’t all about the booty. When I wasn’t seeing Kim Kardashian’s derrière all over Twitter and Facebook, it was Nicki Minaj’s with her “Anaconda” video, Beyonce with her fab visual album, and even JLo with her new track “Booty.” If anything, it was a good year for Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- “Let It Go” – Frozen Fever is still going strong, and oddly enough, no one can still let go of “Let It Go.”
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge – It was an out of the box idea to get people aware of ALS and donate. Watching celebrities douse themselves with ice water for a good cause was one of the highlights of the year. Donate to the ALS foundation here!
- Sony Hack/The Interview Controversy – I’m not going to pretend that the leaked emails between Sony producers didn’t have me seriously entertained. (I’m almost certain that those string of emails about the Steve Jobs movie are better than the movie itself.) Yet, I still can’t believe that North Korea’s Kim Jung-un went out of his way to sabotage Sony Pictures for The Interview. Really????
- Baby Groot – Just watch the video above.
- Willow and Jaden Smith know the answers to the universe – I’m simultaneously impressed, horrified, and confused by the Smith children’s thoughts on energy and time. Although, I have to admit I’m mostly impressed.
- Ellen’s epic Oscars selfie – The greatest selfie taken… ever.
- “Consciously uncoupling” – I thank Gwyneth Paltrow for giving me a new phrase to use this year.
- Welcome to the McConaissance – Alright, alright, alright.
- Boy Band Fever – One Direction OVERLOAD. Whether you love, hate or don’t care about boy bands, they had a strong year.