Starz pulled out all the stops to promote Outlander this past San Diego Comic Con by premiering the season premiere of season three! While we can’t spoil the first episode… We can give you a bit of the highlights from the panel!
- This season will indeed be an actual voyage.
Producer Ronald D. Moore says, “This is a pivotal season for the show. It’s a transitional book in a lot of ways. […] Season three you’re gonna see a lot of different things. There’s a lot of story about Jamie and Claire and the 20 years they spent apart. There’s a sea voyage across the Atlantic Ocean. Then we end up in the Caribbean, Jamaica, and then eventually the new world.”
- Diana Gabaldon did not write an episode this season.
She joked, “Having written the book, I thought that was enough.” No worries, she got to be on set.
- We find out that Jamie and Black Jack will square off on the battlefield.
The new season will literally begin with this. (Trust us, we saw it and it was pretty epic.)
- Sophie Skelton originally auditioned for Brianna Randall in 2014.
Basically, she was made for this role three years ago…
- Caitriona Balfe won’t reveal who is the better kisser…
Instead, she opted to dance in front of the packed Ballroom 20 to steer away from the question!
Can’t wait until the season three premiere on Sunday, September 10th at 8/7c on Starz? Listen to the full audio of the panel below!