With Orphan Black ending, there are a few things that I would love to see in Season 5.
- The number one thing that I want from Season Five is Kira and Sarah together, safe, healthy and happy. Will I get this? The Season Four finale gives me some doubt, but crazier things have happened for sure. I’ve loved the evolution of Sarah, from someone who walked out of her daughter’s life to this fiercely protective mother who would move her kid to Iceland if it would keep her safe. (Arguably, she may have originally left to keep Kira safe, but now it’s very obvious that everything she does is for Kira and to keep her safe). I think that their relationship is one of the foundations of the show, and I want to see it continue. The clones and Kira have an odd connection, and I would like to see that explored too, but not if it means she’s without Sarah.
- While the Hendrix children’s absences were explained away this season, I would like to see them again. Like Kira and Sarah, I think Gemma and Oscar give Alison some really interesting motivations as a character. I love the exploration of mother and child themes throughout the series and it shows how much Alison loves her adopted children.
- I want Cosima to be healthy and happy. I actually thought this would be farther up the list, but Kira is so important to me, and Gemma and Oscar are a bit of a loose thread. We’ve been with Cosima since the beginning and it has always been a possibility that she wouldn’t survive the series, so I think I could be a tiny bit prepared for that. I certainly wouldn’t be happy with it, but with the reintroduction of Delphine, they don’t strictly need her for the science anymore. I felt like that was keeping her safe throughout most of Season Four because she had a function that none of the other clones could fill, so story wise, it wouldn’t make sense if she died before they discovered a cure… But now they have a cure! And I don’t know if that is strictly good news for Cosima. I want to see her happy and healthy at the end of all this.
A couple of other things:
- Where the heck is Cal and how is he involved in all of this mess? I’m still somewhat convinced that there is a missing thread here and he’s more involved than anyone suspected (perhaps even more involved than even he suspects?).
- When do we get a flashback scene of Beth introducing Cosima and Alison? I think Clone Club needs this.
- Kira meeting Gemma and Oscar.
- Charlotte meeting Kira.
- Did I mention everyone being happy and healthy?? I want that.
- When will we meet Helena’s twins? It has to be soon, right? ― Jackie Marion, Cosplayer