Gabrielle Bondi’s Top 5 Books
This is the year I really got into comics and graphic novels. I learned that I especially love comics centered around female heroines, and it’s great to see many new stories emerge with kickass and interesting female leads in that medium. For the most part, my list follows that theme of powerful females, mainly because these are the stories that I wanted to read this year and ended up enjoying the most.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Ms. Marvel Vol. 2: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson, Jacob Wyatt, & Adrian Alphona
- Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
Honorable Mentions: I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios, Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen, Captain Marvel Vol. 2 Stay Fly by Kelly Sue DeConnick, and The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes.