Hannah Atkins’ Top 5 Books
1. A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J. Maas: A vivid, richly-woven romantic read set in a fantasy world of curses, fiery beasts and exotic fey.
2. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids – Sarah Ockler: A wonderfully-written, diverse read that deals with a number of important issues while still being vastly entertaining.
3. Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda: An utterly delightful LGBT read involving secret love emails and coming to terms with one’s identity.
4. Delicate Monsters – Stephanie Kuehn: Another brilliant yet brutal offering from this author, who excels at psychological WTF-ery.
5. The Invasion of the Tearling – Erika Johansen: A superb sequel to a book which left many reviewers divided, this installment ups the ante and answers some of our burning questions.
The Mime Order – Samantha Shannon: Another sequel FTW–The Mime Order is an imaginative, action-packed adventure from start to finish, with some game-changing developments.
Half the World – Joe Abercrombie: A fantastic, feminist follow up to Half a King, this series deserves to be a YA fantasy staple.
The Last Time We Say Goodbye – Cynthia Hand: A real tear-jerker but so well written, this book really brings all the feels and handles its topic with sensitivity.
The Darkest Part of the Forest – Holly Black: An unusual fantasy standalone that is nevertheless intriguing, enchanting, and utterly weird.
Crimson Bound – Rosamund Hodge: A dark, richly imaginative fairytale retelling, with conflicted characters and a slow-burn romance.
What are your favorite reads from 2015 so far?