Brooke Pawling Stennett’s Top 5 Books
All of these are Young Adult because that’s all that I’ve been reading, other than the occasional book I’ll find on Oyster that keeps my attention past the first twenty pages. All of these books have been amazing, and although I’m only a little ways into Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, I can already tell it’s going to be my favorite novel of the year.
- Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: Like I said, on its way to becoming my favorite novel of 2015 and I haven’t even finished it yet. We need more LGBT YA novels like this.
- Saint Anything by Sarah Dessen: A beautiful book by the lovely Sarah Dessen that had me in tears, laughter, and cheers. My favorite Dessen book by far.
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler: Super surprised with how much I enjoyed this! I am now in the middle of reading other work of Sarah’s, but this one kicked me in the face, so to speak. Extremely well done, and a lovely YA book for everyone to pick up over the summer if they already haven’t.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: The worldbuilding is insanely good, and the heroine is very well written. You’ll get lost in this book for sure. I’ve recommended it to many.
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: I was so excited to read this, and it did not disappoint me one bit! Truly a treasure. I couldn’t stop thinking about it once I finished and turned the last page.