We only have a few short days left until Pretty Little Liars season seven begins, which just like the season before it is supposed to be the season of answers, of resolutions, and supposedly will be the end of PLL as we know it. Does this mean this is the final season? Apparently not, according to show runner Marlene King, but it might look a little different if and when it returns. So what this means is that this is the season of risks – a major character can die, couples can break up for good, someone we love might just turn up to be a villain, all the cards are on the table for season 7.
Just a recap of what happened at the end of Season 6 – Hanna sacrificed herself to Uber A or A.D. saying that she killed Cece so that Caleb and Spencer and the rest of the crew could catch the culprit, but it backfired and Uber A ended up getting Hanna.
Here’s what we know according to various reports, interviews and panels:
- Marlene King is calling this ‘the season of homecoming’ as Tammin Sursok (Jenna Marshall), Brant Daugherty (Noel Kahn), Drew van Acker (Jason DiLaurentis) and Lindsay Shaw (Paige McCullers) are all returning.
- Nicholas Gonzalez joins the cast as Detective Marco Furey who is brought in to solve the murders in the town, he is described as the intellectual equal of Mona and Spencer and because he has no history with the town, holds no bias toward the girls.
- One of the girls will be getting married this season, and the wedding will take place in winter.
- The body count in Season 7 will be higher than in previous seasons, according to King. Who could it be? After Hanna’s kiss with Caleb at the end of Season 6 it doesn’t look great for Hanna and Jordan or Spencer and Caleb. Perhaps it will be Aria and Ezra?
- The Caleb/Spencer/Toby love triangle will be concluded this season, as Spencer will end things with one of the men.
- King teased that this year we will see a very big Alison twist.
Watch the first 2 minutes of Season 7 here:
Pretty Little Liars premieres Tuesday, June 21 at 8pm on Freeform.